03 Challenging Learning and Behaviour

Group Special Education

Your child may require Special Education services if they:

- have a physical impairment
- have a learning disability
- have hearing or vision difficulties (a sensory impairment)
- struggle with learning, communicating, or getting along with others
- have an emotional or behavioural difficulty.

An everyday learning environment or classroom, by itself, may not be enough for your child to learn to the best of their ability. They may need extra help such as: an individual education programme, a behaviour plan or programme, specialist teaching, a therapist to help with movement, or speech and language, or special equipment to help them learn.
(Ministry of Education - Special Education)

If your child needs extra support we will work with you to access the appropriate special education services.

Further information about Special Education can be found in the Ministry of Education link